Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wow, 2 days in a row...
Still no progress with a house, although it looks like there's a promise of one. Couldn't get in today because they never finished cleaning it inside. But, I'm thinking this is the one. Tomorrow, tomorrow ... it's only a day away. Hmmm.

News that I'm getting through my Dominican friends (no tv or radio for me yet), is that the count of dead is 200,000. I can't believe this, but yet at same time, I can. Meanwhile, I hear praise reports of the unity among Christians and their reaching out to help others. God is at work. He IS faithful. He IS merciful. His love endures forever. Again, His love endures forever.

I had a call from one of my Haitian brothers in Christ this morning...actually it was from his wife. She called to tell me that he is willing to come here to help me so that I can go into Haiti. This is God working in him. He'll be sacrificing work and income to do this, but he sees it as his way of helping (and I see it that way too!)

We had news yesterday that the border with the DR in the south was being shut down due to rioting on the part of the Haitians. This makes it really difficult for those injured and in NEED of coming across to do so. Pray for CALM CALM CALM And pray for the soldiers who must deal with angry, hurt, frustrated Haitians and remain calm themselves. They were having to fire shots over heads to get attention and response from the crowds yesterday. President Fernandez has extended the border closing.

I'm so anxious to hear from "my" folks from Bojwenn. We have a friend who comes every other weekend and he should be passing through Monte Cristi this Friday. I hope to "catch" him and then be able to send things back with him when he returns. I don't know if the little school in Bojwenn will be having classes or not. Officially, school is over in Haiti for the rest of the year.

Sun is setting here and I need to sign off for another night. If you read this, let me know :) I love hearing from folks!
Psalm 91 -- hunkered down, under the shadow of the Almighty!

6 comments:

  1. I am listening.. Please keep telling us you are updating blog on FB. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading all your updates and hearing news from you!
    I loveee youuu!!!!
    -Stefanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, You blogging skills (like everything else about you) are fab! Gotta love those CMA pics. What is KG wearing? Love ya, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are safe. Interesting reading your blog and getting a view from a different angle. thaks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for calm!!! Hope you find your friend on Friday! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. if I'm really posting at 2:38 a.m., I woke up WAY too early :) Jen again

    ReplyDelete