Sunday, January 24, 2010

back to strength and soaring!

I forgot to explain my post title last time -- God had me focused on the promise in Isaiah for those who "wait on the Lord". Strength and soaring is our promise. Waiting, like patience (and how can we separate them?) is a fruit that matures s l o w l y... but we sense a need for it quickly, even NOW. It seemed like 10 days of "waiting" was enough for me to find a house... I wasn't really waiting "on the Lord", and He wanted to bring discernment and acceptance and real "waiting" to me. Thank You, Father. It's always, all, about YOU. This morning, God allowed me to see where He's planting me for the next season with Him. It will be in Dajabon, AT the border, not just near it. There will be another week of waiting...but it is sweet with knowledge it's on Him, for Him, I wait. I knew that. Hmmm.

I have no new news regarding Haiti. Am able to make e-mail contact now with a friend in Milot, but still no phone communication. I'm anxious to know how God will fit me into Missionary Ventures' plans for teams and assistance. More waiting involved, but it's okay :) There are many teams going in now from here in the DR.

My prayers for CALM in Haiti continue. I pray for hearts to be calmed, I pray for a calm assurance of the Living Hope who will not forsake or abandon, I pray for the earth to be calm. With the calm, I pray for many to see God, to have a revelation of the Spirit of God revealing the glory of Christ. I pray many will taste of the goodness of God right there in the midst of the rubble. A Haiti reborn, a people no longer living in darkness, but sending Light out over all the earth. May it be.


No comments:

Post a Comment